Are you interested in poverty relief work abroad? Need experience working in the non-profit sector? Volunteer with SAF CANADA this summer in India!
SAF CANADA is a registered Canadian charity based in Surrey, British Columbia that has been working in India since 2014. We provide aid to hundreds of children, families, and individuals in need through various poverty relief initiatives such as monthly food programs, building and repairing homes, and providing financial aid for single mothers. SAF CANADA’s largest program is the EDUCATE A CHILD program, which funds the education of over 200 children from nursery school to Grade 12. SAF CANADA also works to preserve Sikhi among Sikh youth in India through our GURMAT VIDHYA KENDAR program.
We are currently seeking a volunteer to travel to India for a minimum commitment of 2 weeks in July. The volunteer will work on the ground implementing the above mentioned poverty relief initiatives with the rest of our team.
• SAF CANADA will cover 70% of the airfare expenses
• Accommodations will also be covered for the first two weeks
• You may choose to stay in India after your volunteer period for travel purposes (these expenses will not be covered)
• Meals and any other travel expenses will not be covered
• You will also be required to complete four 2-hour training sessions at SAF CANADA’s head office in Surrey, BC before travelling
This is a great opportunity to gain experience in the non-profit sector and grassroots development work. You can choose to work in one or all of our programs based on you interests.
For more information, please contact us at 604-572-5577 or firstname.lastname@example.org.